Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center
1500 Fourth Avenue • Altoona, PA 16602 • 814.946.8450
HOURS: Monday thru Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
PA Dept of Education | CIP Code 10.0399
Digital Printing provides a comprehensive understanding of graphic communications and the printing process.
The printing industry is one of the largest service organizations in the world. Its sales income and number of employees rank as the largest manufacturing industry in the United States today. With over 44,000 printing plants currently in operation, it produces more than 157 billion dollars in printed products and services each year.
Printing is a growth industry. Every year there is an increase in printing manufactured. As a result, employment opportunities are excellent.
The printing industry is constantly developing more efficient and higher quality ways to meet the needs of our changing world. The Printing technologies program is meeting these needs, and students have the opportunity to work hands-on with state-of-the-art Xerox technologies as well as traditional offset printing equipment.
Students enrolling in this program are expected to:
1. Possess good hand-eye coordination; clear eyesight with normal color vision
2. Demonstrate mechanical ability
3. Develop skills in computer software operation
4. Possess analytical and probelm-solving skills
5. Enjoy photography, chemistry and physics that are useful in course environment
6. Students with artistic talent will enjoy layout, design and advertising art
Occupational Profile: For information on this occupation's description, required knowledge, job tasks and related job titles, state and national wages, and employment trends, visit the U.S. Dept. of Labor's site for this career field at: http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/51-5112.00